Explore & Taste Washington Wines
Posted on Feb 18th, 2021
When it comes to pairing wine with steak, there are many options to choose from depending on your preference. “We had a great time picking a few of our favorites. There are some vintages here that you cannot find ANYWHERE other than at The Met. They are a great value and we cannot wait to share why we picked them!” ~Aaron Wood-Snyderman, Wine Director
- 2015 Pearl and Stone Wine Co. “Resolution Peaks” Red Blend, Columbia Valley, WA: Pearl and Stone is a new, small and intimate winery in Snoqualmie. They created this big, rich Cabernet Sauvignon dominant Bordeaux blend from fruit off the acclaimed Dionysus Vineyard, and they only made about 100 cases of it. I was thrilled to snag one of these limited cases for our wine list. This exceptional wine is one of 500+ wines on our list for under $100, and it pairs fantastically with the robust Porterhouse steak that comes off our grill. We have purposefully held these bottles in our cellar for two years, and the balance and complexity of this wine is shining like a bright star right now. *Available for dine-in only.
- 2017 Betz Family Winery, “Père de Famille,” Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA: This Cabernet Sauvignon based blend comes from one of the most storied wineries in Washington state. This wine has deep rooted earth tones paired with stupendous fruit notes. I had a glass with our oven ready 22 oz. bone in Rib-eye for dinner the other night and it was a heavenly combination (and no, I didn’t finish the whole steak if you were wondering). For this vintage, Betz Family Winery has held it back for an extra 12 months before release, giving this beautiful wine the chance to begin to realize its full potential, as it drinks beautifully out of the bottle. It is a wine of elegance and strength, and we are proud to be able to share it! *Available for dine-in and at-home.
- 2013 Chateau Ste. Michelle, Ethos, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon, Columbia Valley, WA: Chateau Ste Michelle has helped build Washington Wine into the powerhouse that it is today. They have encouraged vineyard owners to take pride and care to produce some of the best fruit in the world since day one. This reserve bottling comes from their favorite vineyards, from all over the state and the wine itself is a bold, rich expression of dark juicy fruit and smoky herbs. One of the great options we have for “at home” dining is the raw steaks that you get to cook to perfection at home. This wine goes well with all of our exclusive, dry aged beef, but is a particularly DYNOMITE pairing with the 20 oz. Delmonico. *Available for dine-in and at-home.
- 2017 Metropolitan Grill Cabernet Sauvignon, Walla Wall, WA: The gifted and talented Tom Glase (owner and winemaker of Balboa Winery and Beresan Cellars) was once, many moons ago, an employee at the Metropolitan Grill. Now he makes amazing wine. And he makes this wine EXCLUSIVELY for us. The 2017 “Met Cab” is made from all estate fruit grown in the Rocks region of Walla Walla. It is made to go with our exclusive prime, dry aged beef (which, incidentally, also comes from Washington State). Graceful tannins and beautiful acidity provide the framework for an array of rich fruit notes. Tom has been making this wine for us for over 15 years, and this might be our favorite vintage ever. It is the perfect pairing for ANY of our steaks in our home or in yours! *Available for dine-in and at-home.
- 2018 Delille Cellars, D2, Columbia Valley, WA: This wine is ICONIC. The name itself is awesome, as it was created as a second label to accompany Delille’s Chaleur Estate, and was named after the famous roadway that goes through the heart of Bordeaux (get it? Second wine, D2? Clever, right?). This wine has been an integral part of our wine program here at the Metropolitan Grill for a decade now, and it only made sense to make it part of our “At Home” dining program too. It is a complex layered palate of red and black fruit, warm oak spices and it shows beautiful floral notes. Drink this with our “Oven-Ready” Chateuabriand and let yourself get lost in the perfect combination. *Available for dine-in and at-home.
Dine-In: View our full-list offerings of over 400 different bottles of Washington Wine here.
Curbside Pickup: Cooked, ready-to serve meals with featured wines. View Menu
Delivery: Oven-ready meals to reheat at home with featured wines. View Menu